ITIL 4 is built on the established core of best practice in the ITIL guidance. ITIL 4 provides a practical and flexible approach to move to the new world of digital transformation and embrace an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of products and services. ITIL 4 also provides a holistic end-to-end picture that integrates frameworks such as Lean IT, Agile, and DevOps.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation course is a 3-day classroom training based on the exam specifications specified by AXELOS for the ITIL® 4 Foundation certification. The fundamental objective of this course is to help the participants understand the key concepts of service management and the ITIL 4 service management framework and prepare for the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam which is included and will be taken on the 3th day of the training. Successfully passing the exam leads to the ITIL® Foundation Certificate, which is recognised internationally and rated as the benchmark in terms of IT Service Management.
In addition, the “Pro” edition offers a rich learning experience that helps the participants understand ITIL 4 and relate ITIL to their own work environment. This rich learning experience is supported by additional learning tools such as pre-course reading materials, post-course reading material, and a set of quick reference cards.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL service management.
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt ITIL service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement.
- Learn the various ITIL practices and how they contribute to value chain activities.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who wish to take first steps in service management or who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and/or other sources of industry best practice and wish to learn about ITIL 4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
Prerequisites: None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial.
Very qualified trainer. He gave a very clear and detailed explanation."
A strong basis on service management and an excellent stepstone for more practical trainings."
I knew ITIL was a theoretical approach, which was visible in the course documentation. The teacher however tried to introduce practical examples which often helped to understand better the content."
The ITIL Foundation v3 training gave me great insight in what ITIL v3 is about, and how to start to use it in a company-context. It provided me with enough tools to start implementing, starting from a high-level approach, and then gradually go deeper, combining the various elements in the Service LifeCycle."
Since ITIL is a rather 'dry' theoretical matter, it is very important that the course is given by someone who knows what he's talking about, who is able to give practical examples and who has the capacity of 'entertaining' his audience. Before following the ITIL V3 Foundation course, I thought of ITIL and Service Management as a purely theoretical concept. Thanks to the course, I discovered the major value that ITIL and Service Management based on ITIL represent for IT and Business if applied correctly."
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Let’s Get to Know Each Other
- Course Overview
- Course Learning Objectives
- Course Structure
- Course Agenda
- Introduction to IT Service Management in the Modern World
- Introduction to ITIL 4
- Case Study: Axle Car Rental
- Case Study: The CIOs Vision for Axle
- Exam Details
Module 2: Service Management: Key Concepts
- Value and Value Co-Creation
- Value: Service, Products, and Resources
- Service Relationships
- Value: Outcomes, Costs, and Risks
Module 3: The Guiding Principles
- The Seven Guiding Principles
- Applying the Guiding Principles
Module 4: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Organizations and People
- Information and Technology
- Partners and Suppliers
- Value Streams and Processes
- External Factors and Pestle Model
Module 5: Service Value System
- Overview of Service Value System
- Overview of the Service Value Chain
Module 6: Continual Improvement
- Introduction to Continual Improvement
- The Continual Improvement Model
- Relationship between Continual Improvement and Guiding Principles
Module 7: Overview of ITIL Practices
- Purpose of ITIL Practices
- The Continual Improvement Practice
- The Change Control Practice
- The Incident Management Practice
- The Problem Management Practice
- The Service Request Management Practice
- The Service Desk Practice
- The Service Level Management Practic
- Delivery: Web based
- Format: Closed book
- Proctoring: Live or Web-proctored
- Duration: 60 minutes (candidates taking exam in a language that is not their native, may be awarded 25% extra time)
- # of questions: 40, simple multiple choice (1 mark per question)
- Minimum pass Grade: 65 %
Maurits Baeyens is an IT Service Management trainer and practitioner with broad international and practical experience. He combines trainings with consultancy and coachings, offering a full recipe for successful ITSM practices. Maurits delivers all trainings that are part of the official ITIL® qualification scheme in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Great-Britain, Sweden, the USA and Canada. He combines the use of other best practices like Kepner-Tregoe and COBIT in his consultancy work. He also is a qualified Apollo ITIL trainer.
|Price:||1 650 EUR (excl VAT)
These trainings qualify for several grants. A practical instrument enabling you to pay only part of the registration fee
(1) Please bring your laptop during the 3th day of training to enable you to take the exam. (2) NCOI Learning is reseller of DPM Services, an affiliate of ITPreneurs. (3) ITIL®is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
|This training scores:||
|In-company:||If you have a number of people in your company who need this type of training, NCOI Learning will be happy to develop an in-house training course for you, customised to suit your particular situation. Our experienced trainers will tailor the course to fulfill the needs and abilities of your staff. Request your in company training.|